Shipping & Returns
We’re a marketplace for independent fashion brands. When you shop with us, it’s one checkout process, no matter how many brands you buy from.
All orders are shipped directly by the brand that designed and created it。
Here’s how it works
Once you’ve placed an order you will receive an order notification letting you know we have received your order.
When an item is ready to ship, your order will be confirmed by email。 As a guide, your order will normally be confirmed within 24 hours。
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a notification confirming your item is on it’s way to you.
Please note that shipping rates & delivery times vary from brand to brand. If you are ordering a pre-order product, please see the brand’s product page for estimated shipping date.
Log into your SilkFred account。 Go to ‘My Orders’ and click ‘View’。 Select ‘Return’ & follow the steps to create a free returns label。
You can download and print your label(s) directly from your SilkFred account, or download them up from the confirmation email we send you.
Pack up the items you wish to return into the packages they arrived in and attach the corresponding returns label. Remember SilkFred is a platform for independent brands. If you’re returning to multiple brands please be sure to use the correct label for each.
Send your returns via your local post office. Make sure to keep your postage receipt.
SilkFred is platform for independent brands and your order may contain items that were shipped to you directly from the brand. This means that in order to receive your refund, you need to ensure that the item makes it back to the correct address.
Our returns policy
- We hope you are as in love with your items as we are, but if you’re not fully happy, you need to let us know within 14 days of receiving the items beginning on the day after your order is received.
- Once that’s done, you have another 14 days to physically return the order to us。 We recommend that you hang onto your receipt from the Post Office until your refund has cleared。
- All items must be returned, unused, unworn and in their original, undamaged packaging with tags attached。
- When trying on clothing please check that you’re not wearing any deodorant, makeup, tan or perfume that may leave a mark or scent.
- Don’t forget that swimwear should be tried on over underwear and that the protective hygiene strip should be left intact if you wish to return.
- Please try shoes on indoors taking care not to mark the soles. Shoes must be returned in their original, unmarked shoebox.
- Any items that are received back which are not in a resalable condition will be returned to you。
- Refunds are processed within 10 business days of receipt and you will receive confirmation of your refund via email.
- Please note that refunds can only be issued back to your original payment method or issued as a credit to spend on SilkFred.
- Please note that not all international brands offer Free Returns to UK customers. Please see the brand's product page for more information.
- If you need any help shout us at hello@silkfred。com。
The following items are non-refundable
- Where you notify us outside the returns period to return your order. If you want to return something, you must tell us within 14 days of receiving the items (beginning on the day after your order is received). You have another 14 days to return the goods once you’ve told us.
- Returns received in damaged or worn condition. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the items while in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we and/or the brand have a right to deduct the cost of any deterioration (due, for example, to your having used the items) up to the price of the items from the refund to which you are otherwise entitled.
- Intimates including shapewear, bras, undies, tights, socks。
- Shoes returned with postage stickers on the original shoebox - please place the shoebox inside a larger packing box。
- Personalised items, unless faulty.
- Free gifts.
What if I’m outside the UK?
We can’t provide Royal Mail labels to those outside the UK。 To get something back to us, you’ll need to create a returns request as outlined above to receive the correct returns address(es)。 You can then send back your item using your preferred international shipping courier。
Taxes and duties on international orders
All applicable customs and import duties and fees, taxes and any other charges and fees are the responsibility of the customer (even if you refuse any shipments upon delivery)。 If you order items for delivery outside the United Kingdom, they may be opened and inspected by customs authorities and may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination。 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes。 Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount。 Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order。
All our brands comply with our returns policy, giving you peace of mind when ordering. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.